Firmware upgrades for THEC64 Mini provide new features and/or correct any technical issues. We always recommend that you use the latest version of the firmware.
Ensure that your USB memory stick is formatted using FAT32 (with MBR), else your upgrade file will not be detected. See the FAQ for further details.
Please be aware there is currently a 256 item limit (files and/or folders) on USB memory sticks. See File Loader for further information.
Version 1.1.4 – Changes
- Corrects a recent firmware issue that prevented joysticks like the Logitech F710 from being detected
- V1.1.2 – Fixes an issue where some USB directory layouts result in an empty file list
- v1.1.1 – Amended USB behaviour to help resolve issues users experienced with some USB memory sticks when using the File Loader
- v1.1.0 – Introduces the File Loader so compatible programs can be loaded from USB. See File Loader for further information
- v1.1.0 – Fixes a small issue with the German Virtual Keyboard
- v1.1.0 – Adds the in-game help function in ‘Avenger’ to button A on the joystick
- v1.1.0 – Includes various firmware optimisations and enhancements.
Click the link above to download the latest firmware upgrade for THEC64 Mini. The USB memory stick you save this file to must be formatted to FAT32.
- Check the current firmware version on THEC64 Mini by selecting the SYSTEM icon from the OPTIONS on the HOME screen, and then choose System information from the menu. Look for the Build version (e.g. theC64-1.1.0)
- Check that the latest version linked to above is greater than the version installed on your Mini
- Download and save the file (e.g. theC64-1_1_2.bin) to your USB memory stick. Don’t place the file inside a folder on the stick or rename the file. If you do, THEC64 Mini won’t find the upgrade
- Insert the USB memory stick into an unoccupied USB port on THEC64 Mini
- Ensure you have a joystick or alternative controller connected to another USB port
- Select the SYSTEM icon from the OPTIONS on the HOME screen on the Mini, and choose System Information
- The upgrade file is detected and you are asked to close or apply
- If you apply, then the upgrade begins. If you choose not to upgrade at this time, select Close and press FIRE, or just press the MENU button on the joystick
- After a successful upgrade, your Mini will shut down and restart automatically.
- You can check the firmware version afterwards by following point (1) above.
Note that you cannot install a firmware earlier than the build version currently installed.